Monday, August 07, 2006

Day 8: Fresh Princes of Kerela.

(zab's rant)
Well today was our last day in delhi and we have surrvived without getting the infamous "delhi Belly". We got up this morning had breakfast and headed over to the airport. We are taking a flight over to Trivandrum..the southern most city in India. This Peninsula city is very tropical and sets itself apart from the rest of India. The people here friendly and the weather is AMAZING. We met our driver at the airport and Lucky for us yet again I spoke in broken Malayalam. He drove us through windey village streets and past many little shops into our hotel. The route we took would make us not expect what we came to. This was THE MOST AMAZING resort on the beach. It was made with very traditional Kerela style. We were greated with 2 coconuts to drink and then a tour of this exqusite place. The hotel is on top a cliff that overlooks the sea..BUT..as he was showing us there was an elevator that brings us from the top to the bottom of the cliff where our room is. We over look the pool and the beach. The beach had huge 7 ft waves and was really really nice in the golden sunset that endured its reflection in the water. During our camera happy moments on the beach we ran into Donna at first sight a silluette of a foreigner but then a Canadian and a friend...whom we later dined with. And as with our plan our buffet meals included a full course Kerela styled meal and was SUPER. Lowell and I both enjoyed it. We were eger to get back to our rooms after super "I feel like a movie star...like Will Smith " ...Lowell said with reaction to the quality of our room and Service. Our Driver, we found out, sleeps in the car while we are in this hotel..."been doing it for 8 years" he says. Oh well. What an AMAZING time in my home State.....

(lowell's rant)
This aint no Hawaii! Wow. Anyone wanting an amazing holiday for a very cheap price, come to Kerela! I however am not allowed to tell you the location of this hotel! If I ever come back I do not want the rest of the world knowing about it! My only problem with it right now however, is that the waves are too big and I can't go swimming in the ocean. We have been too busy anyways. Oh ya, this is the off season, so we have almost the whole place to ourselves. The hotel staff are really friendly and kind. I have never stayed in a place this nice. Thank you to zab, his mother and father, and their friends for making this all possible. Every part of this trip has been amazing so far, and I have so much more to see. I look farward to experiencing ALL that India is and has to offer.

Time to go to sleep in paradise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I would like to go to Kerela one day. Sounds like a close second to Hawaii (at least, to what I'm dreaming Hawaii is). I'm sure you will oblige and disclose the secret location of this amazing hotel no?
I believe I have you two travelers to blame for this sudden OCD I have developed. Between your blog and Dave and Janelle's baby website, I check the computer like every 2 seconds for updates.
Keep up the blogging!

Julie (Renee) :)

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems that your prediction about us having a baby today was off. Soon, though, hopefully.

Good to hear about your travels and adventures overseas. Hope the food is agreeing with your tummy!

Elina said...

hey wow it sounds like your having a lot of fun. i looked through ur pictures...you guys are everywhere! its awesome! take care