Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day 4: The London Eye

(zab's rant)
Today we did the touristy thing…besides our gay friend talking about his drama career on the bus, our trip from Cardiff to London the trip was uneventful. We put our packs into storage and at an English pub and drank the English beer.(ewww)and took the tube as we have before, through to the London eye..or millennium wheel. We then went to Westminster Abbey it was really good but no flash photo. One thing I found out was besides being rather expensive it is crazy how few washrooms are around…and behold when we do find one it cost from 20p-50p (50c to a loonie) to use the facilities so you tend to pre plan your visits. After supper at an Italian pub that the BBC was filming in we went to reunite with kids from my youth group in Kuwait…some pics should be there it was fun. My plan was to move to England after I was done my Education degree in a yearish and this trip as definitely reaffirmed it. I love this country.

(lowell's rant)
So I zab didn't mention it, so I will. We woke up at 6:00am and walked 30 min to the castle bus stop. We actually were not tired. weird. After the trip into London and other stuff zab mentioned, we went on the London eye. It is a giant farris wheel that holds aprox 15 people and goes around slowely for 30 minutes. It is very high and you can see all of London from it. Very fun. I think they were jealous of the Eifel tower so they built this. After westminister abby we went for starbucks and then did some people watching in a famous square that I do not remember the name of. It was a really good experience. Then we found a house full of zabs old friends in another part of the city and we spend the evening with them. It is now 2:40am and I am still doing the blog so that all of you can see what we have been up to! Be thankful. I will go to sleep now as we have to wake up at 6:00am to get to our flight to India. So 3 hours of sleep tonight! Bo Yah! We have almost 12 hours of flights tomorrow though, so we will sleep on the plane! Oh, and just so you know, English Beer is just as unpleasant as Canadian beer. =/ I am not a fan I guess, but we had to try the english beer.

1 comment:

m+K said...

Wow Lowell, I miss a day checking your blog and all of a sudden like four posts who up. I love all the pepto bismol shots! Also is that really Sam Roberts? Very cool. I enjoyed reading your updates and look forward to more! Kylie