Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Day 3: Welsh Girls, Graves and Grub

(zab's rant)
I can safely say that I enjoyed this time thoroughly. We slept in after having a very tiring day. (The night before, I started to doze off while conversing and then jumped with regular bolts of awkward awareness. Finally they ushered me to the bed .) Anyway today we(David, Lowell and I) went over to Cardiff bay. We took a ferry over to Penarth and went to explore some cliff faces along the beach. While walking our way back we got into a conversation with a couple of girls who were fasting and praying . they were so shocked and praising God to have run into us. So we sat there on this abandoned cliff face and shared and prayed. One of the girls was a singer and she sang for us in welsh. After that, we hiked you a hill and went to the highest point a, 17th century church. The church was surrounded with a graveyard. I was fascinated by this as it had a mysterious air about it. Gravestones from the 1800s. We then went over to David's girlfriends place, Mali, and her daughter Ella. Ella is officially the cutest baby I have hung out with. We had tonnes of laughs and Mali was all about teaching us proper English. I told Lowell that we would begin to get an accent and sure enough by the eve we were surrounded enough by the accent that when we were conversing with each other we caught ourselves unconsciously speaking in British English and sheepishly act like it never happened.

(lowell's rant)
I couldn't sleep in too long in the morning, so I got up, got some devos in, wrote a post card, and then took my camera into zabs room and woke him up! grumpy zab. so cute. They day was excellent. Wales is a great country. I had welsh cakes! And I think what my mother made us as kids were welsh cakes. I need to confirm this. But mother, yours are better! I want to come home and have some good ol' canadian welsh cakes. Oh, and I had a squash experience. Mali and David offered me a Squash drink. I like squash (the vegetable) and said I had never had it in a drink before. But when they handed me lemonade in a bottle I wondered if they forgot what they offered. I filled my glass and took a sip. WOW. It was concentrated! They laughed and told me I needed to dilute it. So squash here is liquid juice concentrate. We walked home in the dark (yeah for walking into stuff) and then went to bed at our regular time. 1:30am ish.

No comments: